Perfect Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 4 large potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for frying
- Maple syrup or applesauce
- Peel and shred potatoes; place in a bowl of cold water. Line a colander with cheese cloth or paper towels. Drain potatoes into cloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, flour, onion, salt and pepper.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil, about 3 in. apart. Press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Top with maple syrup or applesauce. Yield: about 16 pancakes.
Reviews for Perfect Potato Pancakes
Sort By :
"I grew up eating these. My mom made them all the time, only she fried them in a heavily buttered pan. I like the extra flavor that butter gives them. Of course, being Ukrainian we always ate them with sour cream. Yum Yum!"
"Very, very good! I cut the recipe in half. Really light and crispy. Loved them! Thanks for this recipe."
"OH MY GOSH........just made these right now & they're SO good! I will definately be making them again!"