Perfect Pork Chop Bake
This recipe is especially useful on busy days during fall harvest or spring planting when we're short on time. It's packed with pork and produce for a filling meal.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided, optional
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray;
- cook chops over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until
- lightly browned. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish;
- sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt if desired. Layer with onion,
- potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with marjoram and remaining salt if
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add soup. Pour
- over vegetables.
- Cover and bake 30-35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or
- until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot