Perfect Pork Chop Bake Recipe
This recipe is especially useful on busy days during fall harvest or spring planting when we're short on time. It's packed with pork and produce for a filling meal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided, optional
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; cook chops over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt if desired. Layer with onion, potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with marjoram and remaining salt if desired.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add soup. Pour over vegetables.
- 3. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC