Perfect Pork Chop Bake
This recipe is especially useful on busy days during fall harvest or spring planting when we're short on time. It's packed with pork and produce for a filling meal.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided, optional
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; cook chops over medium heat
- for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place in an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon
- salt if desired. Layer with onion, potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle
- with marjoram and remaining salt if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; add soup. Pour
- over vegetables. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.