"I have spent years trying different recipes and techniques looking for the perfect pizza crust recipe and this is it! I'm amazed that I finally found a crust recipe my family prefers over the pizza parlor's!" Lesli Dustin Nibley, Utah
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, 1 cup bread flour and the whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining bread flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; roll into a 15-in. circle. Grease a 14-in. pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pan; build up edges slightly. Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Perfect Pizza Crust in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p58
Reviews for Perfect Pizza Crust
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review