- 1 tablespoon Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, 1 cup bread flour and the whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining bread flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; roll into a 15-in. circle. Grease a 14-in. pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pan; build up edges slightly. Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Perfect Pizza Crust
Sort By :
"I had my 7th grade Home and Careers class use this recipe when we did a pizza lab. We substituted the bread flour for all-purpose flour. It came out great! The kids always associated whole wheat with being gross, they had no complaints about their finished pizza though! I would make this at home in the future too."
"Great for pizza! Tasted great with my toppings and very good!"
"it is easy and taste great!"
"My go-to pizza crust recipe. Just made again for supper. Have been making this since it was published in 2009. After it rises I usually divide the dough in 2 and do one for pizza and make garlic fingers with the other."
"My family loves this recipe! It is our go-to pizza crust. I usually throw in a little garlic powder and oregano with the flour. I'll also add rosemary if I have it available."