Calling for just a few ingredients, this is one candy that's simple to prepare. I make lots of different candy at Christmas to give as gifts. It's time consuming, but worth it to see the delight it brings to people. -Joanne Adams, Bath, Maine
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add milk and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten with a glass to 1/4-in. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip patties, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Perfect Peppermint Patties in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p27
Reviews for Perfect Peppermint Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review