Perfect Peppermint Patties Recipe
Calling for just a few ingredients, this is one candy that's simple to prepare. I make lots of different candy at Christmas to give as gifts. It's time consuming, but worth it to see the delight it brings to people. -Joanne Adams, Bath, Maine
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:60 servings
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add milk and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten with a glass to 1/4-in. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip patties, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 67 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC