Perfect Peppermint Patties Recipe
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add milk and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten with a glass to 1/4-in. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip patties, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Perfect Peppermint Patties(7)
Sort By :
Perfect? Yes! These were so easy to make, and better than York Peppermint Patties. I ran out of peppermint extract before I made the chocolate, so I melted some peppermint chocolate baking pieces with the other chocolate, and it worked out fine. Will definitely make these again!
Easy, until I had to dip the patties, I followed directions exactly but it was impossible to dip them without them crumbling. I had to spoon the chocolate onto both sides. Did I do something wrong?
These were very easy and very good. They tasted like the store bought kind. Thank you very much for a simple, fun, and good recipe my youngest daughter and I could make (and enjoy!) together. I agree with cynthia43; if you make more candies, please post them!
These patties tast like the real deal, just like you bought from the store. The worst part about the recipe is dipping the patties in the chocoalte without making a mess. My patties didn't lookanything like the picture. But they were so tasty!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >