Perfect Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 7 cups bread flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, shortening, creamer, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Perfect Dinner Rolls(2)
Sort By :
I always make this recipe now for dinner rolls. I usually don't have dry milk or creamer, so I substitute canned milk for the majority of the water. Other than that, everything is the same. My boys love these, and my best friend's mother asks me to bring them whenever we are invited to dinner.
I had left over dough and used it as pizza crust and it was very good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Rolls >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rolls >