Perfect Cake-Mix Cupcakes
This is a wonderful firm cupcake developed to withstand the heavier cupcake decorations. Any cake mix will work, but avoid those that include pudding in the mix.—Karen Tack, Riverside, Connecticut
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Beat on low speed until
- moistened; increase speed to high and beat 2 minutes longer.
- Spoon half of the batter into a large resealable plastic bag; cut a
- 1/4-in. hole in corner of bag. Fill paper-lined muffin cups
- two-thirds full. Repeat with the remaining batter. Bake at 350°
- for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- completely. Frost and decorate as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake (calculated without frosting and decoration) equals 134 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.