- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, peppers, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and oregano; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add 2/3 cup egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon 1/3 cup tomato mixture on one side and sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Repeat. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Perfect Brunch Omelets in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p32
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Perfect Brunch Omelets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Omelet Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >