Perch with Cucumber Relish Recipe
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 perch or tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. For relish, in a small bowl, combine the cucumber, radishes, vinegar, oil, sugar, tarragon and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with relish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons relish equals 222 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.