Peppy Provolone Slices Recipe
Lois Clay of Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania makes this quick-to-fix treat using frozen bread dough. For added flavor, try dipping the slices in either pizza or spaghetti sauce.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup sliced jalapeno pepper rings
- 1. On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Place half of the pepperoni lengthwise in two rows down center third of rectangle. Top with half of the cheese and peppers. Fold one side of dough over filling. Top with remaining pepperoni, cheese and peppers.
- 2. Fold remaining dough over filling; pinch edges and ends to seal. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (2 slices) equals 531 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,449 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC