Peppy Provolone Slices
Lois Clay of Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania makes this quick-to-fix treat using frozen bread dough. For added flavor, try dipping the slices in either pizza or spaghetti sauce.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup sliced jalapeno pepper rings
- On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15-in. x 12-in.
- rectangle. Place half of the pepperoni lengthwise in two rows down
- center third of rectangle. Top with half of the cheese and peppers.
- Fold one side of dough over filling. Top with remaining pepperoni,
- cheese and peppers.
- Fold remaining dough over filling; pinch edges and ends to seal. Bake
- at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve
- warm. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 531 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,449 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.