Peppy Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes; top with pepperoni.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Top with cheeses. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 455 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,392 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.