Packaged potatoes give me a head start preparing this pizza-like dish. Pepperoni adds just the right amount of spice.—Joanna Goodman, Conway, Arkansas
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 24 pepperoni slices
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes; top with pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Top with cheeses. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peppy Potato Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppy Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review