Peppy Pork N Beans
"I like to serve this saucy baked bean dish at cookouts," shares Lee Deneau. "Pepperoni adds a fun twist to canned baked beans. With grilled meat and potato salad, I have a great summer meal," adds the Lansing, Michigan cook.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 20 slices pepperoni, quartered
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a saucepan, cook the pepperoni and onion until the onion is
- tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 87 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.