Peppy Macaroni Recipe
"I like to keep an extra box of macaroni and cheese on the pantry shelf to make this fun pizza-flavored casserole for unexpected guests," relates Helen Cluts of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Because it's a snap to prepare, older kids could assemble it to give Mom and Dad a bread from dinner duties.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 40 slices pepperoni (about 2-1/2 ounces)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Fold in eggs.
- 2. Spread into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC