"I like to keep an extra box of macaroni and cheese on the pantry shelf to make this fun pizza-flavored casserole for unexpected guests," relates Helen Cluts of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Because it's a snap to prepare, older kids could assemble it to give Mom and Dad a bread from dinner duties.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 40 slices pepperoni (about 2-1/2 ounces)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Fold in
- Spread into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with pizza sauce,
- pepperoni and mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Let stand for
- 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.