- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 block (16 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped jalapenos or chilies, drained
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place a ham slice, cheese strip and 2 teaspoons jalapenos down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. stir in the flour, salt and mustard until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Spoon sauce evenly over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peppy Ham Tortillas
"These are great. We usually eat them for dinner. They are great left over from the freezer. I use 1/2 the sauce recipe."
"I first made this when i was 14. very easy and extremely delicious!"
"I served this for dinner with steamed broccoli on the side. Delicious!"
"This is a great breakfast or brunch casserole!! I usualy make 1/2 the cheese sauce and still have ample. I always get rave reviews for this dish!!"