Peppy Cheese Bread
"I enjoy entertaining and find this zippy cheese bread complements most meals," writes Leslie Sheldon-Kloss of Quakertown, Pennsylvania. "It's easy to assemble before guests arrive," she adds.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the
- butter, onion and chili powder. Cover and microwave on high for
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring once.
- Spread over cut side of bottom of bread. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Replace bread top; wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Slice
- and serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 239 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.