"I enjoy entertaining and find this zippy cheese bread complements most meals," writes Leslie Sheldon-Kloss of Quakertown, Pennsylvania. "It's easy to assemble before guests arrive," she adds.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, onion and chili powder. Cover and microwave on high for
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring once.
- Spread over cut side of bottom of bread. Sprinkle with cheeses. Replace bread top; wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Peppy Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p37
Reviews for Peppy Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review