Peppery Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 15 poblano and/or banana peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 small carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peppers, cauliflower, carrots, red pepper, olives and garlic. In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 175 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 fat.
Reviews for Peppery Vegetable Salad
"Perfect recipe as is."