I've had to find some great recipes to use all the harvest our large garden produces every year, including this colorful combination. It's loaded with crunch and well-seasoned flavor. —Andrea Sheatz, Knox, Pennsylvania
- 15 poblano and/or banana peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 small carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, cauliflower, carrots, red pepper, olives and garlic. In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Peppery Vegetable Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p37
Reviews for Peppery Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2014
"Perfect recipe as is."