Peppery Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, salt and cayenne; set aside. Place a third of the potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; layer with a third of the butter, flour and soup mixture. Repeat layers twice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peppery Scalloped Potatoes(18)
Sort By :
I thought this dish was very good as is and there are so many variations that can be made to it. I added ham and onions to mine. I also mixed the butter and flour in with the soup and milk. Much easier to build the recipe that way. Next time I will cover with foil the first hour then uncover for the last 20 minutes.
The very best especially with a sweet potato
I made this the first time but added bacon bits. It was pretty good. The second time I sub'd chedder cheese soup for the mushroom and added a bit of cheddar cheese to the layers. My family demolished it though it would have been better with bacon. I'll make this again and again.
To add my 2 cents: This dish was well-received at Christmas dinner. I put in too much red pepper, will adjust for next time. Easy to make and delicious!
PERFECTION!!! I increased sliced potatoes to about 7-8 cups, and milk to 2 cups and left everything else the same.