Peppery Roast Beef Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless beef eye round roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine the oil, seasoned pepper, garlic, thyme and salt; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with roast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Peppery Roast Beef(3)
Sort By :
This is really good. I made it the first time and my family fell in love with it! I will definitely make this again!
I love the spices on this roast, but it's the horseradish sauce that accompanies it that keeps this recipe in my regular rotation. I, too, have overcooked the roast before, but realized I had a 3 pound one, so needed to adjust the time. Also, using a meat thermometer can help avoid overcooking.
The meat turned out tough and it took 3 hours to cook. The flavor was good but it was really too tough to enjoy. If I did decide to make it again I think I would cook it COVERED instead of un-covered like the recipe suggests.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >