- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 loaves (8 ounces each) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced jalapenos, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic powder and salt.
- Place each bread half on a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Spread with cheese sauce. Top with beef mixture, mushrooms, onions and jalapenos. Drizzle with tomato sauce. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Wrap and freeze. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To bake: Unwrap loaves and thaw on baking sheets in the refrigerator. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Peppery Pizza Loaves
Sort By :
Easy to make and my kids absolutely love these.
Made this tonight, tasted great. Few things are off though, there wasn't quite enough meat and mushrooms to go around all the loaves. Will use more next time. I used cut up velveeta instead of the cheese spread, it worked out great. Will use less of it next time, as was a bit salty. All in all this recipe was great as it was, will make again :)
I made this last night. It was a big hit. Both my parents said it was good. It was easy to make, but very messy. I would definitely make this again, but next time, I think I would use crescent rolls rather than the French Bread. I also found the cooking time to be a little off.
I made this for a happy hour. It's perfect since it can be done ahead of time and just popped into the oven while everyone visits. I did half with the peppers and half without for the weak eaters. Everyone LOVED it! It was gone as soon as I put it out.