Peppery Philly Steaks Recipe
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained and halved
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to pan; stir in salt.
- 3. Spread butter over cut sides of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer steak mixture, chilies and cheese; replace tops. Place in a 15x10-in. baking pan; cover tightly with foil. Bake 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 473 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.