Peppery Philly Steaks Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 to 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained and halved
- 5 to 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the steak, peppers and onion over medium heat in oil until meat is no longer pink. Spread butter on rolls; top with meat mixture, chilies and cheese. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 5-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 473 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.