Peppery Philly Steaks Recipe
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in salt, chilies and pepper mixture; heat through.
- 3. Spread butter over cut sides of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer steak mixture and cheese; replace tops. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; cover tightly with foil. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich: 473 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein .
Reviews for Peppery Philly Steaks
"Thank you Edie for a delicious and quick recipe. I actually used a frozen pull apart steak that I get at Costco, to make it even quickier & easier for me. I also didn't use the green chilies. Everyone enjoyed & I am passing this recipe on to my daughter."
"Great flavor for a quick philly type sandwich. Will do again."
"All I had were hotdog buns and it worked out great...this was pretty good for a quick recipe!"
"I love this recipe. I cut it in half for 2 people. It's good, easy, and fast."