Peppery Philly Steaks Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 to 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) whole green chilies, drained and halved
- 5 to 6 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the steak, peppers and onion over medium heat in oil until meat is no longer pink. Spread butter on rolls; top with meat mixture, chilies and cheese. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppery Philly Steaks
Sort By :
"Thank you Edie for a delicious and quick recipe. I actually used a frozen pull apart steak that I get at Costco, to make it even quickier & easier for me. I also didn't use the green chilies. Everyone enjoyed & I am passing this recipe on to my daughter."
"Great flavor for a quick philly type sandwich. Will do again."
"All I had were hotdog buns and it worked out great...this was pretty good for a quick recipe!"
"I love this recipe. I cut it in half for 2 people. It's good, easy, and fast."