Peppery Parsnip Fries Recipe
Looking for creative ways to use parsnips? These crispy bites from Sandy Abrams of Greenville, New York are a healthier take on popular french fries.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 medium parsnips, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Cut parsnips lengthwise into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add parsnips, a few sticks at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place parnsips in a single layer in pans. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning several times. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup equals 156 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC