- 8 medium parsnips, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut parsnips lengthwise into 2-1/2-in. x 1/2-in. sticks. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add parsnips, a few sticks at a time, and shake to coat.
- Line two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Place parnsips in a single layer in pans. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, turning several times. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peppery Parsnip Fries in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p47
Reviews for Peppery Parsnip Fries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2013
These are a good alternative to french fries, sweeter. I like the hint of nutmeg. I found it easier to coat these in a bowl than in a bag, which wasn't sticking very good.
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2013
These are AMAZING! Make them now!