Peppery Parmesan Bread Recipe
I rely on my bread machine to make the dough for this rustic bread. Serve slices with olive oil for dipping or with butter.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Shape into an 8-in. round loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Slash top of loaf with a sharp knife; brush with cold water. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 116 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC