- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In bread machine pan, place the first 11 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Shape into an 8-in. round loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Slash top of loaf with a sharp knife; brush with cold water. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Peppery Parmesan Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p144
Reviews for Peppery Parmesan Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review