Peppery Onion Bread Recipe
"This bread gets a flavor boost from minced onion and black pepper," says Dale Rosenthal. "It's very good toasted and served with steak or spaghetti," suggests the Austin, Minnesota cook.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Peppery Onion Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p33
Reviews for Peppery Onion Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review