Peppery Herbed Turkey Tenderloin Recipe
- 3 turkey breast tenderloins (12 ounces each)
- 1 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Pat tenderloins dry; flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine the wine or juice, onions, parsley, 4 teaspoons oil, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Sprinkle turkey with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, reserved marinade and remaining salt until smooth; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Slice turkey; serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 258 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Peppery Herbed Turkey Tenderloin
"I certainly liked this dish, I just wasn't in love with it. Turkey and the sauce both had good flavor. I served them over buttered egg noodles. I may or may not use this recipe again but it is a good use of turkey."
"was really surprised at the amazing flavor as some turkey dishes can lean towards bland. I didn't have parsley but did have cilantro so substituted and we grilled the marinated turkey, really really good!!!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.