Peppery Grilled Steaks
Coarsely ground pepper adds the perfect amount of spice to flank steaks. We enjoy this grilled entree year-round.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 beef flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, oil, mustard,
- garlic, onions, pepper, thyme, rosemary and salt; add steaks. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat
- for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 10-12 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.