- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 beef flank steaks (about 1 pound each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, onions, pepper, thyme, rosemary and salt; add steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Peppery Grilled Steaks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p216
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppery Grilled Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review