- 1 pound red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into wedges
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- Place potatoes and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix seasonings. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Rub seasoning mixture over outside and inside of chicken. Place chicken over vegetables.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Remove chicken from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Transfer vegetables to a platter; keep warm. If desired, skim fat and thicken cooking juices for gravy. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peppery Chicken with Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p35
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Peppery Chicken with Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review