Peppery Cheese Bread
"Savory slices of these round loaves will complement a meal," Sue Braunschweig of Delafield, Wisconsin suggests.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/3 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dissolve yeast in water. Add the sour cream, egg, sugar, salt and 2/3
- cup flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form
- a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Fold in cheese and pepper. Do
- not knead. Divide in half. Place in a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
- pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 134 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.