Peppery Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed and halved
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, pepper and cayenne. Stir in water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in hot oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat and set aside. Add the peppers and garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the snow peas and mushrooms; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in beef and linguine; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppery Beef Stir-Fry(3)
Sort By :
Excellent flavor - just a hint of heat. However, I used beef broth in place of the water, and added an onion, cut julienne like the peppers.
I made a less-spicy chicken version using the following changes:
1/2 tsp pepper instead of 1 tsp
1/4 tsp paprika instead of cayenne pepper
1/4 instead of 1/2 c. soy sauce
thinly sliced chicken instead of beef
frozen Asian vegetable mix and frozen peas instead of fresh snow peas and mushrooms
It was delicious!
two words for this recipe, YUM ME!! We loved it. I added one can of low sodium beef broth to make a little extra sauce/gravy.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >