Peppery Beef Roast Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken cooking juices if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 198 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Peppery Beef Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.