These mini pizzas start with a tortilla crust, and are loaded with veggies, cheese and turkey pepperoni. "For a meat-lover's version, I sometimes add browned ground round and Canadian bacon," notes Vicki Milam from Huntsville, Alabama.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 12 slices turkey pepperoni
- 12 thin slices zucchini
- 4 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green, red and yellow pepper
- 2 thin slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray; place on a greased baking sheet. Spread with pesto; top with the remaining ingredients. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Veggie Pizzas in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p57
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Pepperoni Veggie Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2009
"wonderful! We loved the fact that we had pizza and it was healthy at the same time!"