Pepperoni-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
No one can resist stuffed mushrooms with the fantastic flavor of pizza! The Italian-style appetizers disappear as fast as I can put them on a plate.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop stems; set caps aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, pepperoni and mushroom stems in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt; remove from the heat and cool slightly. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC