Pepperoni Stromboli Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf into a 20-in. x 8-in. rectangle.
- 2. Place one rectangle on a greased baking sheet. Spread spaghetti sauce in an 18-in. x 4-in. strip down the center. Sprinkle with oregano, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Fold long sides of dough up toward filling; set aside.
- 3. Cut the remaining rectangle into three strips. Loosely braid strips; pinch ends to seal. Place braid on top of the cheese; pinch braid to dough to seal. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 265 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Pepperoni Stromboli
"We did this using a taco version - ground beef, taco seasoning and mexican cheese. AMAZING! Thank you!"
"At the top of the recipe, it says to bake it 30 minutes."
"Bake for 3 minutes?"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.