Pepperoni Stromboli Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Place each loaf of bread dough in a greased large bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Punch dough down. Roll each loaf into a 15x12-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, oil and seasonings. Brush over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; set remaining egg mixture aside. Layer beef, pepperoni, cheeses and onion on dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Seal the edges well.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 stromboli (8 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pepperoni Stromboli(14)
Sort By :
Buy fresh pizza dough from pizza parlor. We get it for $2. MUCH better than frozen bread dough.
My husband is the king of pepperoni making.
Delicious! Variations of this recipe are endless! The only complaint I have was the bread dough was a pain in the butt to roll out to the rectangle. My husband ended up taking pity on me and did it. It was well worth the effort though because we both loved it. Perfect snack/meal while watching football!
Husband usually doesn't eat leftovers, but the next day when i got in the fridge, guess what was gone.
Everybody loved this recipe! I did make a few changes the second time I made it. I only thawed the bread dough, and did not let it rise. I thought it was easier to work with, then. Also, I only used 1 egg and half of the stated amount of olive oil, and had plenty for both loaves. Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >