- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal seams. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. In another small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in red pepper mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Pepperoni Spinach Quiche
Sort By :
I have a great quiche recipe, but was looking for something different. This one fit the bill. I used both red and yellow peppers, for some extra color, and also added some swiss cheese and extra garlic. The melding of flavors was amazing, and the pepperoni gave it just a little kick. What I like is that by using the crescent roll crust, you get just a hint of that with each bite, which adds to the lightness of this dish. This goes into my "must take to the party" recipe file.
This is great but in stead of red pepper I used mushrooms and everbody loved it I will definitely make it again
Delicious. I cooled the leftovers, then covered with foil and refrigerated. They stayed wonderfully firm for the next two days, and heated so nicely in the microwave. I think the flavors were better the next day, too. The only change I made was using a Mexican blend cheese.
I made this for a brunch and everyone enjoyed it. Great combination of flavors!
This turned out delicious, what I liked most about making it, I was able to cut all the veggies the day before, & have everything ready in separate bowls, so it only took minutes to put it all together. will definitely make it again, not only did it taste good but looked very impressive. thanks Elly for the wonderful recipe.