Pepperoni Spinach Quiche Recipe
Several years ago, I had to come up with an appetizer to serve at a pool party, and this colorful quiche was a hit. It's great on an antipasto tray, cut into wedges. —Elly Townsend, Summerfield, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal seams. Set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. In another small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in red pepper mixture. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 235 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC