- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine oil, salt, sugar, yeast mixture and 1 cup flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. Punch down dough; divide into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, combine two portions of dough and roll into a 15x11-in. rectangle. Transfer to prepared pan, pressing onto bottom and up sides of pan. Top with 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 2 cups cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with flour, seasonings, cooked sausage, mushrooms and pepperoni.
- Roll out remaining dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle. Place dough over filling, crimping edges to seal; prick top with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake on a lower oven rack 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 375°. Spread pizza sauce over cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni-Sausage Stuffed Pizza
Sort By :
"This pizza is the best!! It is so good!"
"Not difficult to make (despite the long list of ingredients) but I was just 'o.k.' with the outcome. My husband really liked it, but to me it wasn't that great."
"This is a good recipe especially if you like crust."
"This is wonderful. I saute fresh mushrooms in the same pan as the sausage, add in some chopped onions and peppers too. I also slice the pepperoni slices (so they're slivers), tossing everything together before putting it in the pizza.JeetYet I put it on the middle rack after putting the sauce on and I add extra cheese to the top during the last 10 minutes."
"After putting the sauce on, does it move to middle rack or continue on lower rack?"