- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine oil, salt, sugar, yeast mixture and 1 cup flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. Punch down dough; divide into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, combine two portions of dough and roll into a 15x11-in. rectangle. Transfer to prepared pan, pressing onto bottom and up sides of pan. Top with 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 2 cups cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with flour, seasonings, cooked sausage, mushrooms and pepperoni.
- Roll out remaining dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle. Place dough over filling, crimping edges to seal; prick top with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake on a lower oven rack 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 375°. Spread pizza sauce over cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pepperoni-Sausage Stuffed Pizza
Sort By :
"Not difficult to make (despite the long list of ingredients) but I was just 'o.k.' with the outcome. My husband really liked it, but to me it wasn't that great."
"This is a good recipe especially if you like crust."
"This is wonderful. I saute fresh mushrooms in the same pan as the sausage, add in some chopped onions and peppers too. I also slice the pepperoni slices (so they're slivers), tossing everything together before putting it in the pizza.JeetYet I put it on the middle rack after putting the sauce on and I add extra cheese to the top during the last 10 minutes."
"After putting the sauce on, does it move to middle rack or continue on lower rack?"
"We enjoyed this meal--I used pre-prepared pizza dough. I would definitely drain the sausage better the next time but other than that it was delicious. Love the white cheddar cheese."