This fast and fabulous finger food is sure to be a hit with busy tree-trimmers of all ages! A longtime favorite at Debbie Purcell’s home in Safford, Arizona, each savory bite boasts gooey, melted cheese and real pizza flavor. TIP: Try serving with pizza sauce for dipping as a fun variation!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 2 pieces string cheese (1 ounce each), cut into quarters
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into eight triangles. Place eight
- pepperoni pieces on each. Place a piece of cheese on the short side
- of each triangle; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Roll
- up each, starting with the short side; pinch seams to seal. Sprinkle
- with garlic salt and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 282 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.