My friend and I worked out this recipe as a main dish for the cafeteria at work. It's also become a favorite among teenagers at our church, who make a beeline for it at potlucks.Becky Fisk, Ashland City, Tennessee
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add spaghetti
- sauce and toss to coat. Place half in a greased shallow 3-qt.
- microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the pepperoni and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until heated through
- and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 448 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.