Pepperoni Provolone Pizzas
These tasty pizzas use two kinds of sauce for pies that are great grill fare. They're a nice option for summer parties instead of brats and burgers. —Randy Armbruster, Waverly, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion
- into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Lightly brush both sides of dough with
- oil; place on grill. Cover and grill over medium heat for 1-2
- minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Top the grilled side of each pizza with pizza
- sauce, pesto, pepperoni, tomato and cheese. Return to grill. Cover
- and cook each pizza for 4-5 minutes or until the bottom is lightly
- browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 pizzas (4 pieces each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 403 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,073 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.