"On lazy Saturdays, my family really enjoys this comforting casserole," writes Brenda Schrag. The Farmington, New Mexico cook relies on convenient O'Brien potatoes, bits of pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and sweet red pepper for the hearty dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 ounces sliced pepperoni (about 25 slices), quartered
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in seasonings.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, red pepper and corn. Top with the sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Pepperoni Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p15
Reviews for Pepperoni Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review