Pepperoni Pizzazz Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine 2-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture and mix well.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and remaining spaghetti sauce; pour over top.
Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 382 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,414 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Pepperoni Pizzazz
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.