Pepperoni Pizza Soup
Once upon a time, my husband and I owned a pizzeria and this dish was always popular on the menu. We've since sold the restaurant, but I still make the soup for all kinds of potlucks and gatherings. It's always a big hit and everyone asks for the recipe. —Estella Peterson, Madras, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 8-1/4 hours
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese and sliced ripe olives
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook,
- covered, on low 8-9 hours.
- Stir in ravioli; cook, covered, on low 15-30 minutes or until pasta
- is tender. Top servings with cheese and olives. Yield: 6 servings
- (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without cheese and olives) equals 203 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 1,008 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.